Program Application Downloads
If you would like information about our program, please email us at email@example.com or call our central office at 330-325-6179.
For a copy of our MPH program viewbook (PDF format), click HERE.
This partnership program draws on the resources of five institutions:
- The University of Akron (UA)
- Cleveland State University (CSU)
- Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)
- Ohio University (OU)
- Youngstown State University (YSU)
For administrative purposes, students will be enrolled at one of the four universities-UA, CSU, OU or YSU. If you are accepted, the Consortium of Eastern Ohio Master of Public Health (CEOMPH) Admissions Committee will assign you an "enrollment university," based on your preference. This enrollment university will be responsible for your transcripts and official student information. You will register for classes and graduate from this institution. You are not obliged to attend classes at the distance learning facility, nor will you be limited to elective courses at your enrollment university. The required core courses are delivered using the distance learning facilities available at UA, CSU, OU and YSU. However, each campus will not necessarily have a classroom available for every course (at least three campus distance learning rooms will be used each year).
For admission into the CEOMPH program, please provide the information listed below. All items should be sent to the following address. Do not send a separate application to the university that you wish to enroll. All application materials will be processed by the central MPH office and forwarded to your university of enrollment if you are accepted.
The Consortium of Eastern Ohio Master of Public Health
4209 St. Rt. 44
P.O. Box 95
Rootstown, OH 44272-0095
Applications will not be considered until all materials are received. Applications and all accompanying materials are due January 15th. International students must also complete an INTERNATIONAL STUDENT DOCUMENTATION PACKET. If you have any questions about this application, please contact the CEOMPH office.
- Official academic records from each institution of higher education that you have attended. Have them sent directly to the Consortium of Eastern Ohio Master of Public Health office. If the official record is not in English, an official translation must accompany the original language document.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your academic or professional background. Individuals who have not been involved in an academic institution for two years or more may submit letters of recommendation by supervisors from his/her place of employment. The letters should include an assessment of your current work quality and ability to successfully complete graduate training. Please address letters to the CEOMPH Admissions Committee.
- A cover letter (no more than two pages) explaining your educational and professional history; area of interest in public health, interest and motivation for seeking a MPH degree; and professional or academic career plans upon completion of the program. If appropriate, also indicate whether you are applying to or are currently enrolled in another degree program (and indicate which university).
- GRE scores taken within the last five years (you may be exempt if you have a professional or academic master's or doctoral degree). Use code #1903 to indicate the institution that should receive your scores. If you have already sent your scores to one of the other universities, please indicate which university on the application form next to your GRE information.
- TOEFL scores taken within the last two years from graduates of foreign universities who are non-native English speakers. The minimum score must be 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 79-80 with read/speak/listen=17, write=14 (Internet-based). Use code #1903 to indicate the institution that should receive your scores. If you have already sent your scores to one of the other universities, please indicate which university on the application form next to your TOEFL information.
- This completed application form with both signatures on the second page. It must be typewritten or legibly printed in ink.
- A nonrefundable $45 application fee. Students with international credentials must pay a total of $90. Make checks payable to NEOMED-CEOMPH.
- Financial information worksheet from applicants who are international students.
Criteria used by the Admissions Committee include a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75, minimum graduate GPA of 3.00 out of a 4.00 scale, successful completion of a college level mathematics or statistics course and college level social or natural science course, and acceptable GRE score (if appropriate). Two years of work experience in a relevant field is highly recommended, but not required.
Application Deadlines - (Dates are for entering the program in the following fall semester.)
January 15 - Application and all materials are due
By March 15 - Acceptance status notices to be sent through the mail
April 15 - Deadline for accepted applicants to inform CEOMPH office of intention to enter program
Applicants do not need to send in all application materials as a package. The Consortium of Eastern Ohio Master of Public Health office would welcome any piece of your application at any time. We will start a file on you once we receive your application form or any other documentation. We will keep you up to date on the status of your application materials that we have received. If you have any questions regarding your status, please call us at 330-325-6179.